Head of Fundraising and sponsorship – voluntary – part time approximately 4- 8 hours per week
About the Justin Campaign
The Justin Campaign (JC) is the FA’s adopted campaign to tackle homophobia in football. We aim to see football and wider society value the contributions made by LGBT people. The JC is a fast-growing organisation working with partners at the highest level of football, both domestically and internationally. We focus our efforts on four key areas of work: grassroots football, arts, education and Football V Homophobia.
About your role
This is an exciting role that will involve you working creatively and with initiative to secure funding for the Justin Campaign. This includes a significant role guiding the board about future funding options and possible charitable status. The role provides an opportunity for someone with initiative and ambition to make a real contribution to the future success of the campaign.
Your key responsibilities will be:
· To develop a funding strategy and increase the funding for the Justin Campaign and it’s key initiative Football v Homophobia
· To review the legal/charitable status of the campaign and advise best future options
· To research and target potential funders including charitable trusts, government grants, donor contributions, corporate sponsorship, supporter giving and other opportunities
· To work with the Director of Communications and PR to produce supporting materials such as posters, websites and newsletters to promote, market and advertise funding opportunities and events
· To work with other directors to identify funding needs and options, and to develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the fundraising program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
· To recruit, organise and manage volunteers to fulfil various functions within the fundraising team
It is desirable that you have experience, qualifications and/or training in this area. You are an ambitious and motivated person who enjoys finding solutions to problems. You are excited by the scope there is to develop the funding portfolio of the campaign and for the opportunities there will be to use your own initiative to make a difference. You see the potential that exists to take the campaign to the next level of impact and influence through financial growth and are confident in your ability to meet the challenge.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Megan Worthing-Davies: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Megan on 07814 036789.
The final date for all applications is 1pm, 14th December.
We welcome applicants from both within and outside the LGBT community. The Justin Campaign is predominantly a Brighton based campaigning organisation. Volunteers will be expected to attend some meetings in Brighton.